Hosted by Rose Jensen-Holm and Ciro Grillo
“Without Sicily, Italy creates no image on the soul: here is the key to everything.”
About the Tour
Our Seeking Sicily Tour will explore the rich cultural diversity of the island, bringing together both the ancient archaeological sites and the unique natural beauty of Sicily’s coastline.
Together we will discover what makes Sicily such a jewel in the Mediterranean as we team up and travel from west to east. On this journey we will explore many of the UNESCO World heritage sites which Sicily is so famous for. We will begin our journey in the Island’s capital Palermo, a city rich in historical monuments. Here we will wander the exotic Il Capo outdoor food market where we will taste traditional local street food and experience the true flavours of Sicily’s many diverse cultures. From here we will explore the western coast, where we will find centuries-old salt pans, immense stretches of crystalline coastline and ancient Greek temples.
As we wind our way along the southern coast of the island, we will experience the awe-inspiring natural beauty of the Scala dei Turchi (the Stair of the Turks) and discover the ancient Greek Temples of Agrigento. Heading east, as we pass vineyards, citrus groves and vast fields of wildflowers in bloom, we enter the Val di Noto, an area granted UNESCO World Heritage status for its breathtaking baroque architecture. Onward into the south-east we will visit the mighty Syracuse, once the ancient Greek capital of Sicily and home to the Archaeological Park, containing evidence of one of the most celebrated Greek settlements.
We then travel up to the north eastern side of the island where we’ll traverse the breathtaking terrain of Mt Etna and stop at a boutique winery on the slopes of the volcano for a delicious Sicilian lunch and wine tasting. We arrive at our final destination, the beautiful hilltop town of Taormina with its sweeping views of the Ionian Sea framed perfectly by the spectacular Greek Amphitheatre, with Mt Etna serving as a backdrop. Here we will enjoy our own private cooking class and watch as the sun sets over the ocean below.
Why Choose Seeking Sicily Tours?
Over the duration of the tour you will experience all that Sicily has to offer, accompanied by myself, a passionate host and lover of Sicilian food and culture, and my experienced local Sicilian co-host Ciro Grillo of Sicily Routes. Ciro is a trained geologist and has spent his career working for the Department of Cultural Heritage in Sicily. Together we want to share with you what makes this island so special and why it has been such a sought-after destination for almost three thousand years. Join us as we experience the sights, the culture and the natural beauty of the true jewel of the Mediterranean.
Boutique Sicily tour. Small group travel.
No more than 8 guests.
Due to the current worldwide situation, our existing fully booked 2020 tours have been postponed until further notice. We are currently working on a delicious Food & Culture itinerary for our brand new tours to be released shortly.
Until then, we hope you can enjoy a little Sicily inspiration through our Instagram page and continue to dream about your future travels with us.
For more information, please contact me (Rose) via the booking inquiries section.
11 days/10 nights
May 29th – June 8th 2020 - BOOKED OUT
11 days/10 nights
September 25th – October 5th 2020 - BOOKED OUT
NEW 2022 TOURS AND PRICES TO BE ANNOUNCED WHEN AVAILABLE.
- 10 nights accommodation in four star hotels and charming B&B’s in the areas of Palermo, San Vito Lo Capo, Agrigento , Syracuse and Taormina.
- Private transfer on arrival from Palermo Airport and departure to Catania Airport
- Special souvenir gift from the hosts for each guest upon arrival
- Welcome Apericena on first evening
- Private air conditioned minibus with driver for the duration of the tour
- Breakfast each morning
- Private cooking class including a delicious traditional dinner we will help to prepare!
- Admission to all archaeological sites mentioned in itinerary
- Lunch and wine tasting at boutique winery
- 3 lunch/2 street food tastings (including lunch at winery)
- 4 dinners (including cooking class) plus a complimentary wine or beverage of choice
- Granita and brioscia calda in Taormina
- Complementary drinks and aperitivi in Castelmola
- All private escorted tours and guided visits as detailed in itinerary.
- 11 day fully escorted tour by English speaking and multilingual hosts.
- Boat tour in San Vito Lo Capo or Syracuse
- Show at one of Palermo’s traditional puppet theatres
The tour is open to ages 18 and over and both singles, couples, friends and relatives are welcome!
For booking inquiries, additional tour information and early registration discount