Frequently Asked Questions
Can I join a Seeking Sicily Tour from any location in the world?
What type of hotels can I expect to stay in?
The hotels we choose are mainly 4 star or sometimes a charming B&B. It very much depends on the location, quality, and service as well as our experiences with each establishment. On occasion we have chosen a 3 star hotel in a smaller village because of its excellent location and better suitability for the group. The star rating in Italy is based on a variety of things and does not always denote the high standard of the establishment. Also we prefer to select hotels which are centrally located in each town or city so that you have easy access to the variety of activities.
How do your tour prices compare to the bigger tour operators? Are you more expensive?
Because we only organise small groups (max 8 people) the benefits of travelling with us far outweigh the extra cost. We limit our accommodation stays so that we are not constantly on the move. Our travel is done in a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan with a professional driver. Each tour is specifically designed by your hosts who are both passionate and knowledgeable about all aspects of Sicily. Only local regional guides are used when exploring historical and archaeological sites. Local knowledge and experience also enables us to select better dining choices in smaller establishments which are typical of the region. There are private bathroom facilities for every bedroom, and people travelling alone on a single supplement do not have to share a bathroom. Overall, by travelling with Seeking Sicily Tours you will enjoy a well organised tour with personally selected activities and experiences designed to give you a taste for the authentic Sicily.
How do we know which flights and times to book at the beginning and end of the tour?
After the completion of the tour we all travel to Catania Airport together arriving there around late morning. We recommend that you book afternoon flights with connection times of not less than 2 hours. Once again if you wish to extend your stay in Sicily we can advise you on possibilities.
Is there a limit on luggage for the tour?
Yes, each guest is limited to one suitcase, absolutely no bigger than 63cm (25″) in size. You may also bring one small soft bag per couple (for example a soft small backpack or tote bag). As a small group tour, we are travelling together in a mini van and the luggage limit means that each guest will remain comfortable throughout our journey.
Will there be any walking on the tour?
Can you accommodate my dietary requirements on the tours?
Boutique Sicily tour. Small group travel.
No more than 8 guests.
Due to the current worldwide situation, our existing fully booked 2020 tours have been postponed until further notice. We are currently working on a delicious Food & Culture itinerary for our brand new tours to be released shortly.
Until then, we hope you can enjoy a little Sicily inspiration through our Instagram page and continue to dream about your future travels with us.
For more information, please contact me (Rose) via the booking inquiries section.
11 days/10 nights
May 29th – June 8th 2020 - BOOKED OUT
11 days/10 nights
September 25th – October 5th 2020 - BOOKED OUT
NEW 2022 TOURS AND PRICES TO BE ANNOUNCED WHEN AVAILABLE.
- 10 nights accommodation in four star hotels and charming B&B’s in the areas of Palermo, San Vito Lo Capo, Agrigento , Syracuse and Taormina.
- Private transfer on arrival from Palermo Airport and departure to Catania Airport
- Special souvenir gift from the hosts for each guest upon arrival
- Welcome Apericena on first evening
- Private air conditioned minibus with driver for the duration of the tour
- Breakfast each morning
- Private cooking class including a delicious traditional dinner we will help to prepare!
- Admission to all archaeological sites mentioned in itinerary
- Lunch and wine tasting at boutique winery
- 3 lunch/2 street food tastings (including lunch at winery)
- 4 dinners (including cooking class) plus a complimentary wine or beverage of choice
- Granita and brioscia calda in Taormina
- Complementary drinks and aperitivi in Castelmola
- All private escorted tours and guided visits as detailed in itinerary.
- 11 day fully escorted tour by English speaking and multilingual hosts.
- Boat tour in San Vito Lo Capo or Syracuse
- Show at one of Palermo’s traditional puppet theatres
The tour is open to ages 18 and over and both singles, couples, friends and relatives are welcome!
For booking inquiries, additional tour information and early registration discount